Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Vegetarian Cooking Class at Bettys Cookery School

I go to a lot of Bettys Cookery School classes. I love them, but they're not cheap. Bill encourages me to go to as many as I want (he reaps the benefits, too), but I know how much they are and I have limited myself to only baking classes and only to learn skills I don't already know. However… 
The intrepid cooks!
A rather new friend of mine is a food scientist for Bettys. She has heard of my love of their cookery school and has passed along a few 'friend and family' discounts my way for classes that haven't sold out. That's how I came to find myself at a vegetarian cooking (not baking!) class at their school last year. 
Spinach and ricotta tortellini 
We made pasta, which up until this point I had never successfully done. The spinach pasta was filled with more spinach and ricotta. Once filled and formed, we could keep them in the fridge for several days before cooking them. They were DELISH! 
Bottom of oven dried tomato and basil balsamic torte
We also made a balsamic, oven dried tomato torte. This was really tasty - the tomatoes had been cut in half and pre-dried overnight in a very low oven. The sweet tomato and balsamic made for a great starter.
Top of tort
Finished torte
We also made arancini, which are basically deep fried rice balls. These were filled with a cheesy mushroom mixture. I took my fairly large arancini to our friend's house for a dinner party. I deep fried them there and we ate them hot out of the fryer. Another winner! 
Veggie arancini 
The chef displayed his finished vegetarian meal - looks like quite the feast! 
The chef's final masterpiece
Our pasta, tortes, and arancini were only half completed (we had to finish everything at home), so here we are posed with the chef's display. My finished product didn't look as good as the chefs, but it looked better than had I attempted it with no instruction, that's for sure! 
Happy ladies at the end of the day
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment