Wednesday, March 21, 2018

David Hockney Exhibit

My old publishing friend, Rachael, had two tickets to see the sold out David Hockney art exhibit in London. Did I want to go with her? YES! Yes, I do!
Trafalgar Square with Rachael!
What do two California girls living in London want most for lunch? Mexican food! After meeting at King's Cross, we found the Chipotle nearest the art museum. (You guys in America don't know, but… there's like ZERO good Mexican food in the UK.) Chipotle is some of the best we can get, and as far as I know, they don't have any outside of London.
Oh, my lord, YES!!!
Enough about the dearth of good Mexican food in the UK… on to the exhibit! I knew a little bit about David Hockney, a guy who grew up in Yorkshire and made it big in the art world. This was the single largest exhibit of his work to date, and it was really quite impressive. I recognized his most famous pieces, but was impressed with the amount of art (drawings, paintings, photographs, collages, even new digital work) that was on exhibit. 

Of course, I could not take any photographs. Google David Hockney if you're interested in learning more about his art. 
Exhibit poster
Exhibit poster
The art inside Tate Britain was also pretty cool. By the time we finished cruising the exhibits, though, we really didn't have much time left before we had to head back to our respective trains. 
Tate Britain chandalier thingy  
Inside wall at the Tate
We stopped for a spot of tea and more chat. Another photo, and then off we went.
At the exhibet
It was FANTASTIC to see my friend again, even if ever-so-fleetingly. And to eat some good-ish Mexican food together :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment