Monday, February 9, 2015

When Surrounded by Sheep & Wool, One Starts Knitting Again!

I used to knit. I made scarves and blankets... basically anything flat. And then I decided to knit a vest for Bill and it was a miserable failure. I tried again and knitted myself a sweater... another failure. All the pieces looked fine but once I sewed them all together they were tight over here and lumpy over there. I set my knitting needles down and hadn't picked them up in years.
Back of sexy dress
And then I moved to Yorkshire, where the lamb and wool are aplenty. And a fabulous knitting shop within walking distance. I dipped my toe back in by crocheting a few projects. When they went well, I finally picked the knitting needles back up again. So far I've only made a few scarfs, but after attending the annual knitting & stitching show last Autumn (where these photos were taken), I have been inspired to sign up for "beyond the basics" knitting classes. 
Whimsical knitted vest
Perhaps I won't be knitting anything quite so ornate as the dress and shirt above, or the felted dresses below...
Felted dress for Maleficent? 
Another felted dress
But I hope to move on from knitting flat objects to 3 dimensional ones that can actually be worn proudly as clothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment