Friday, February 6, 2015

The Hunter's Prayer on Location

We had some excitement in late November, in that a hollywood movie came to town to film in one of the older corners of our town center. It's a movie called The Hunter's Prayer and it stars Sam Worthington of Avatar fame and is supposedly set in Switzerland. Or at least the scenes filmed in town were supposed to be in Switzerland - apparently it looks kinda swiss in the Monpellier quarter. 
Sign explaining street changes
One of the restaurants that Bill and I have enjoyed several meals was used for a key chase scene. The co-owner / hostess told us she was there all night during the filming and it was really, really boring. The poor extras just had to keep pretending to eat as the main characters chased the bad guys (or maybe they were being chased by the bad guys?) through the restaurant. And apparently they had to re-do the scene hundreds of times as it was rather technical, with explosions and the like.  
Filming and food wrapped for the day
Personally, I think it all sounds rather fascinating. But I assume by 4am it probably wouldn't be fascinating to anyone anymore, would it? 
Timberlake's Restaurant, AKA Le Dernier Bistro
The film crew re-labeled all of the street signs, shop signs, and even brought in a sausage cart to make everything look authentic. 
I want a brockwurst!
Oops - silly me! I was walking all around the filming location taking camera-photos willy-nilly. No one shoo'd me out or seemed to mind, but then I saw the sign below. And what did I do? Take a picture of it with my phone. D'oh! 
Oops... I used my phone to take this photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment