Friday, March 20, 2015

INDOOR SKYDIVING!!!

We stayed in the town of Milton Keynes the night after our adventures at Bletchley Park. The next morning we   walked across the street to a strange adventure-centric mall for a scheduled 9:30 indoor skydiving adventure. I wasn't able to fly, but that was okay — I had so much fun photographing the flyers! 

I made all of the excited / anxious friends pose in their fab borrowed flight suits.
The Adventurous North Yorkies
Pre-flight excitement (or nerves)
Bill, being a former amateur sky diver was the most excited. Therefore, our friends made him fly first. I had a front row seat in the viewing platform, but alas, the window was severely scratched. You can see that the wind inside the skydiving tube was pretty extreme, all you have to do is look at the wind made cheek dimples! 
Bill 
Dan took to flying with gusto!
Dan 
As did his wife, Julie. When Bill suggested we go indoor skydiving a few months ago, she was the first person to slam her fist down on our dining room table and shout, "I'm in! That's on my bucket list!!" 
Julie
Regine enjoyed her time in the air, but complained she couldn't keep her mouth closed, she was smiling too hard! :-) 
Regine
Her husband Brian was the most reticent to fly. He enjoyed it, but was one of the few not to add on an extra flight or the fly-higher option. He's glad he participated, but I think he's not going to be flying again anytime soon. 
Brian
Cindy loved every minute of it. She has proclaimed she will go back and fly again, anytime, anywhere, with anyone at the drop of the hat! 
Cindy
Dan and Julie's daughter Colleen is one of the most chill teenagers I've ever met. She took to flying like a duck takes to water. 
Colleen
At the end of their flying adventure I made everyone post for a quick post-flight photo, complete with crazy wind-tunnel'd hair and all. There's a bit of me that wished I could have flown, too. But honestly, I had such a contact adrenaline high, I felt like I had flown right along them! 
Post-flight smiles and adrenaline

No comments:

Post a Comment