Friday, October 17, 2014

York Ladies Day

I repurposed my Royal Ascot dress and hat to attend this year's Ladies Day at the York racecourse. We had a larger group of gals with us this time, even though the weather was, as they say in England, miserable! 
Champagne with Friends
More champagne!
The rain stopped long enough for us to watch a few of the afternoon races. Yet again, I won nothing. I suppose I really should bet if I want to win, but I didn't really feel like betting on this particular day. 
And they're off!!! (Photo courtesy of Danielle)
The crowds came out from inside buildings or under the few tents erected for race day once the rain abated. The rain certainly didn't scare people from coming out to the racecourse, though. 
Crowds at the York Races
We had a lovely day and I eventually thawed out in the car on the drive home. I still cannot believe how many women were traipsing about in spaghetti-straped and sleeveless dresses with nary a wrap or jacket for warmth! Oh, what women do for fashion.
Friends in hats 

No comments:

Post a Comment