Monday, October 20, 2014

Ladies Day Fashion

Yes, I like to go to the big "ladies day" horse races. Yes, I bet a few quid on one or two of the races. Yes, I have fun with my friends. But why do we really go to the Ladies Day races? For the fashion, of course!!

Before we look at the hats and dresses in all their glory, let's pause for a moment and look at these shoes... They. Are. Awesome! 
Awesome shoes
And now the parade of dresses and hats. Please keep in mind that, even though it was August, it was around 50 degrees (F), wet and rainy. But that did not phase these Yorkshire lasses - if they bought sleeveless dresses, by God they were going to wear sleeveless dresses!!

A big thank you to Danielle (our friend Cindy's daughter) who brought her real camera, took all of these pictures, and let me use them in this blog post. Thanks, Danielle!! :-) 
Black and white hats
Blue and white ensemble
Cherry blossom hat
Feathery hat
Blue / peacock hat
Fancy dress hats
Colorful hat
Big, black and white hats
Pointy hat
Purple hat
Feathery black and white hats
Red hat
Pastel flowery hats
Black, white, and yellow hat
Very, very blue hat
Cream hat and coordinated umbrella
Random colorful hats
If I happen to be here next August, I hope to go dressed even fancier than this year's ensemble!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment