Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Zippy's Foray to the U.K.

I can't believe my luck! Just weeks after being rescued from my tin can prison, I crossed the pond and arrived in England. How cool is that?! I stayed across the street from Clifford's Tower - York Castle's Keep, which sits high atop a man-made hill and was originally built by William the Conqueror in 1068.
Right next to Clifford's Tower, is the York Castle Museum. It had historic household items dating back several hundred years. My favorite exhibit was the toys! I wanted to break them out of their glass prison, but didn't have as much luck as the folks who released me.
I also walked the wall that encloses York's city center. I stopped to get a quick picture of myself in front of the York Minster, an amazingly beautiful cathedral.
I had a fabulous time exploring England. I can't wait to see what other adventures I'll have in the future.

Pip pip & cheerio! - Zippy

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see where you go on your next adventure. You sure travel with some cool dudes.

    ReplyDelete