Friday, October 2, 2009

Gettin' Zippy with Mom!

So those of you who know me know I'm a bit crazy in my adventurous hobbies. I got it from my Mom. As a kid, any adventure my father was too scared to do, my Mom needed a partner for. Every scary ride or bizarre circumstance was a bonding moment for us. I've extended the practice perhaps farther than she intended. We have been skydiving, paragliding, and now ziplining together.

So, about this zipline thing - you're 150 feet up in the air, strapped in to some steel cables slung between giant redwood trees. With some friendly encouragement from Phil and Steve (our guides at Mount Hermon, near Santa Cruz, CA), you push away from the platform and zing across the abyss.


The first video is my Mom taking off, and the second is Jennifer arriving at a platform in the trees. This was really a blast - fast, a bit scary, and amidst gorgeous forest scenery.

After zipping down, across, down, and down some more, we ended our high-flying tour of the redwood forest canopy. We learned some great things about the redwood forest, and had a fun time doing it.

3 comments:

  1. @tonigirl: come visit - we can go and you can see for yourself!

    That goes for the rest of my family, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was exhilarating, fabulous, wonderful fun and was over much too quickly. I was so surprised how comfortable I got with the heights and the zips!!! Don't miss the chance to experience this adventure!

    ReplyDelete