Monday, April 2, 2018

France Wine Trip - Winery L'escarelle

And so begins my second annual educational (cough cough) wine trip!

My friends (close to 25 of us. all together) and I boarded a plane and ended up in Nice, France. After an hour long bus ride we pulled up to the first of many wineries, Winery L'escarelle. 
Inside L'escarelle cellars
We began our visit, as we do all of our winery visits, with a tour of the winemaking facility. We received a short story about their company, their ethos, and what makes their wines special, and/or distinct. All I know is in about 30 minutes we're going to be tasting wine in France! I pinch myself often on these trips. 
You'll see loads of barrel photos in the upcoming posts!
See, more barrels!
Once the tour is over, they lead us out onto a lovely patio and the tasting begins! 
View from the wine tasting room
Before
We tasted about 6 or 7 wines at this first winery. I wasn't as vigilant at note taking or photographing as I was on the first trip, but I did snap a few shots of wine bottle in various degrees of emptiness.
       

During
Last summer I got to spend a lot of time with my friends Julie and Cindy, both of whom have either moved (or are in process of moving) back to the states. Almost everyone else on the tour were our British friends from the wine tasting class. 
After, we all boarded the bus again and made our way to the hotel for a bit of fun in the pool before dinner. What a great start to the trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment