Friday, April 15, 2016

Pi Day… AKA Nerdy McNerdsville

This year I ended up making four pi(e)s for Pi Day… that's a lot of pi(e)! 

Bill actually helped co-ordinate Pi Day festivities at work, so I made two rosemary pecan pi(e)s and two deep dish apple pi(e). 
Rosemary pecan pi(e)
I only have one pie dish, so I went to the shop to find the aluminum throw-away kind, and the only kind I could find already had pre-made Keebler-type crust included, of which I am not a fan. But I did find square, disposable cake trays, and figured I could make that work! 
Pi(e) are squared
I even came up with a bit of math humor that my nerdy husband really appreciated. The two apple pi(e)s were made the day of the event, and I ran out of time and forgot to photograph them. They weren't as photogenic as the pecan pi(e)s were, anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment