Sunday, April 11, 2010

Food!

Last year I bought Bill a smoker for Christmas. But truly, it was a gift that keeps on giving... to me! I've been able to enjoy all of the yummy items he has cooked and/or smoked as he's gotten the hang of his new toy.

Bill has smoked several great items, but the best so far has been our Thanksgiving turkey.
It was juicy, tender, and super-tasty. The only downfall was that it was done about 3 hours before we had anticipated it to be, causing me to have a minor panic attack with all of the sides barely started. Thankfully, Mom, Dad, and Bill all pitched in and helped me out.

Bill has also smoked some delicious chicken, including an ancho chile rubbed flat chicken; a recipe I got from Rick Bayless' Mexican Everyday cookbook.
Whenever we smoke something with bones, we've been trying to make homemade stock. With our most recent flat chicken, we made a stock, shredded the left over chicken, and made a terrific soup. Bill even made homemade noodles!
Am I a lucky lady or what? (I did make the bread in this last picture, so at least I contribute a little!)

No comments:

Post a Comment