Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Dad Plays Non-Mini-Golf

One of Dad's bucket list items was to play golf (real golf, not the mini kind) whilst in England.
Moor Allerton Golf Course
We called around and found two courses nearby that were happy to lend a set of golf clubs for a round of golf. We visited both of them, and by far the Moor Allerton course was the friendliest, most accommodating. They were happy to give him a tee-time from the next day, and so back we went, bright and early for a round of golf!
Cafe first thing in the morning
I am not a golfer and my Dad enjoys puttering around by himself, so I brought my kindle and iPad and parked myself in the pretty little cafe and awaited his return. 
My window view from the cafe
After about an hour the cafe was busier and lots of friendly golfers were enjoying the sunshine. Because we arrived so early, I had a terrific corner window view and people watched almost as much as I read my book!
Add caption
Earlier that week the Moor Allerton gold course had hosted a PGA tournament of some sort. Clearly not a major one as we had never heard of it, but a PGA tournament is still a PGA tournament! 
The PGA leaderboard still on display
My Dad had a great time! And the next day he had to fly back home to California. 
The happy golfer
I can't wait until he comes back out for another fun visit! 

1 comment: