Friday, July 31, 2015

Long Summer Nights

I took a photo on the Summer Solstice to show how bright the sun is so late at night. I did not, however, wake up at 4:00AM to take a picture of the sunrise. 
10:30PM on the Summer Solstice
During one of the longest days of the year, Bill came home work early because the weather was uncharacteristically warm. And by warm, I mean, a whopping 85*F! That, my friends, is as hot as it really gets up here in the north. Anyway, Bill and I decided to walk over to the only Mexican restaurant in town, sit outside and have ourselves a nice little feast with some Coronas. 

After dinner, the sun was still warm and bright, so we walked through and around town, until we heard folk music coming out of a wee pub. We ducked inside, and lo and behold, there were at least 15 musicians jamming on their fiddles, tin whistles, mandolins, etc. One other patron was there watching with Bill and I, but otherwise, it was only us and the musicians.  We stayed for well over an hour, but it was rounding 10:00PM on a school night, so we finished our pints and made our way back home. 

Enjoy this short clip of the music! Please note the video is just an up-close of my jeans as I only wanted to capture the music and not the faces of all the musicians, I thought that would be less invasive.

No comments:

Post a Comment