Friday, May 22, 2015

... And More Flowers (Keukenhoff, Part Two)

More flowers!

The photos in this post were all taken with my Cannon DSLR camera. Off and on throughout the day I played with focal depth. It worked especially well in the morning, when all the flowers were dappled with dew. 
Tulips with dewdrops
Another tulip

White, spiky tulip

Sweet snowdrops

Bell-shaped spiky flower

White spiky flowers

I also took lots of photos of the flower beds. Again, many are similar to the last post's photos, but I couldn't stop myself from taking so many photos. And trust me, I'm only posting about 10% of the photos I took! 
Rows of flowers that go on forever

More tulips
An amazing array of color

Flowers and a statue

Flowers at a wonky angle

Flowers, flowers everywhere!

Hey! How'd that yellow guy get in here?  
I took a few photos from atop the working windmill. There was a terrific field of red tulips just beyond the garden's perimeter. You could purchase tickets for a tour through the fields by way of canal boat, but the line for tickets was formidable. 
An up close shot of a working windmill

Fields of tulips
I took a photo of the flower-made Van Gogh self portrait without my big mug in the way. You can see the people in the background in the top of the picture, to give you a good idea of the size of the portrait. 
Vincent Van Gogh
Thankfully, it never properly rained the day we visited Keukenhoff. It did, however, threaten to rain on several occasions. When it threatened to rain, we (and the thousands of other visitors) would duck into the exhibit halls. I was happy to see that Bill was with me in Holland after all! :-) 
See, Bill was with me all along! 
Inside the many exhibit halls, I took quite a number of exotic flowers and floral displays. 
Big ol' flower
Snapdragon? Venus Flytrap?

A bunch of spiky flowers
Where's Waldo (AKA Jen)?

In the late afternoon, we realized the parade we had planned this whole weekend around would be so crowded that we would be able to see nary a float. We stayed inside the garden instead, hoping the crowds would diminish as the parade began. Sadly, that didn't seem to happen, but at least the weather held steady. 

We found a quirky 'selfie garden' with mirrors to use for selfie taking...
A right proper selfie!
And giant clogs for comedic photos. Are you laughing? No? Oh, well! 
Those are some big shoes to fill!
As we were heading out of the park for the day I started taking photos at wonky angles, just for the heck of it. Only two photos turned out interesting enough to post; the rest were just weird! 
Cherry blossoms in bloom 


Brian photographing tulips

A few last landscape photos were taken as we meandered our way out, back to the bus, and towards a fun pub for beer-y sustenance. 
Follow the yellow (red, blue, white) brick road
A penultimate view of Keukenhoff
Goodbye Keukenhoff!

No comments:

Post a Comment