Monday, June 16, 2014

Romantic Paris (Tourist Style)!

There are a few bridges over the river Seine where you and your sweetie can place a decorated padlock, declare your undying love for each other, and throw the key into the river. Bill and I were having such a great time, we bought an outrageously overpriced lock, borrowed a sharpie, and added our lock to the bridge. 
Our lock; key is at the bottom of the Siene
There are thousands upon thousands of locks. It truly is a sight to be seen. 
One of many lock bridges
I had heard about the lock ritual before our trip and thought it had been happening for years and years. Since our trip I have learned that it has only been in practice for the last six years and local authorities don't know what to do about the locks and the burden they're placing on the bridges. Oopsies! 

It was a lot of fun and rather romantic, though ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I am finally catching up with your blog after skipping a few months. Can't wait to hear more about your Paris trip. You might enjoy reading the book about the building of the Eiffel Tower by Jill Jonnes. I have it if you can't find it there and want to read it when you get back. I'm so glad you are taking such advantage of your time there. Love reading about all your adventures! You're a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may be in Monterey for a few days in July and hope to make it to Tuesday 1st's update and if so, I'll let you know. I would love to borrow that book when I get home! :-)

      Delete