Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Sad Goodbye

Toni, Dad, Mom, Me, Todd
Bill & My Wedding Day, September 24, 2005
As many of you know, I am the primary keeper-of-this-blog. Alas, I haven't been keeping up with the blog over the last several weeks, and the reason why makes me very sad.

My beautiful, fun, full-of-life, healthy, and seemingly indestructible mom took ill last November. She went from attending a Halloween party to a stomach ache to being diagnosed with an aggressive, stage 4 cancer all within a two-week timespan. 

On Sunday, April 20th, she quietly passed away in our house with Dad, Todd, Toni, and me all by her side. She was so brave throughout her ordeal, and as typical, worried about us (not herself) right up until the end. 

We had a small, private ceremony shortly after her passing. A celebration of her life will take place on July 18th with a reception to follow. If you'd like the when and where details, please let me know.

Dad, Todd, Toni, and I all worked together to write her obituary. It was a very difficult thing to do, but I am glad we were able to pull together and support each other. 
I will get back to updating the blog with happier posts in the near future. I actually have quite a backlog of photos and adventures to document, and I look forward to sharing them with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment