Sunday, March 24, 2013

Inside our New House!

As I mentioned in the last blog post, we've rented a Victorian House!

There's a little story behind finding this house. A gal I worked with in publishing, Joely, used to live in this town several years ago. I contacted her when we found out we were moving and she offered lots & lots of useful informations. Several months ago she also told me that the house she lived in while here was currently available. Well as luck would have it, it's the house we ended up renting! And as a side note, my friend Rachael (who worked with Joely & I in publishing) has been in the UK for 8+ years and is now married to a British archaeologist... who is a business friend/colleague of our new next-door neighbor!

Anyway, here are a few inside photos of our new house.

In the entryway is the most awesome chandelier!
In one of the "receiving" rooms, is this beautiful fireplace that may or may not work.
The kitchen's fireplace:
A stained glass window in the stairwell:
The guest bathroom on the 3rd floor:
Look at this hob (range)!! And the two ovens below!! I think I'm going to like cooking & baking while in england :-)
We have a small British fridge, and when we opened it up this afternoon, there was a bottle of Bill's favorite Irish cider that was left behind by the landlord. I have a feeling Bill will crack this open the first night we stay at the new place.
Sláinte!

1 comment: